As a courtesy to our valued patients, we are one of the offices in Calgary that will accept the assignment of benefits. Assignments of benefits mean that we direct bill your insurance company for services provided and wait for payment from your insurance company instead of collecting the full amount from our patients. If there is any amount not covered, your patient portion is due at the visit.
Our policies for payment are:
1. Our Team will submit either electronically or mail manually a dental form to your insurance company on the day of your visit. For whatever reason, if your dental insurance company has not paid us in full within 30 days of your visit, we expect you to pay the balance on the account.
2. It is your responsibility to be aware of your coverage and to inform us of any changes to your plan. We will do our best to help you understand the basics of your plan and make these changes but you are still ultimately responsible for full payment on your account whether the dental insurance company pays for treatment or not.
3. There are several hundred different dental insurance policies and coverage within these plans are continuously changing. Unless we have sent a pre-authorization the dental insurance company does not inform our office of changes to your dental insurance coverage until after we have submitted a claim to them for services provided.
4. Some dental insurance companies will not deal with any dental office directly which means it will be necessary for you to pay our office directly at the time of the visit. Our team will help you with your paperwork.
5. We are requesting for our patients that they leave an M/C, Visa, or debit for their patient portion dated for the day of their visit. If we do not know exactly your portion we will keep your MC, Visa on file and email you a receipt showing the payment breakdown from the insurance company and what your portion was that we applied.
6. If you find that you are unable to keep the scheduled appointment, please call in advance so that we may reschedule you for a more convenient time. There will be no charge if we are notified at least 48 business hours before the scheduled appointment. Should you fail to contact us with less than 48 business hours’ notice a minimum $50.00 fee per visit will be charged. If you are a family of 2 or 3 scheduled for the same time and find that one of them is unable to attend, please try to keep the other appointments to avoid multiple charges for each of the missed appointments.
We look forward to helping maintain your dental health.
Soul, Creativity and Love into your Smile.
#220 -3916 MacLeod Trail SE.
Calgary AB – T2G 2R5
E-mail: [email protected]